Who We Are?

Our Mission

Our mission is to preserve the history of the Clements School, and to act as a resource to develop community services for children, families, and seniors and to bring community organizations together.

Board of Directors

Mike Tecklenburg – President
Ray Sanguinetti – Vice President
Sandra Hale- Secretary
Liz Winchester – Treasurer
Dave Dowell
Sydney Cutting
Terry Ingrum
Paula Shubert

Check out this Lodi News article about CSCC

Lodi News Article

Here is another article from The Historical Marker Database website

Clements Elementary School Historical Marker

1879
Athearn School Founded

In May of 1879, Athearn school was built using bricks donated by Thomas Clements from his Clements brickyard. Stillman Magee donated the land, and the residents of Clements donated everything from lumbar and nails to furniture and books.

1937
Tornado Devastation

 In 1937 a severe tornado wreaked havoc on the schoolhouse. In 1938 it was forced to be condemned due to not being earthquake-proof.

1939
Union of Clements School District

In 1939 voters decided to combine Athearn, Justice, and Washington school districts into the Clements School District. They passed a bond to construct the new building. These efforts were led by Joe and Beverly Steely, Lester and Minnie Mehrten, and Jack and Eleanor Granlees.

During the construction, two classrooms were held on the bottom floor of the Odd Fellows Hall, which was divided by a temporary partition, and the third was held in the school garage building.

1940
School Opens

The school opened Clements Union School in the fall of 1940, where three teachers (One was also the principal) would teach approximately 70-80 students.

The school taught all 8 grades.

1967
Lodi Unified

The school was annexed by Lodi Unified School District

2011
Given to the community

The building was given back to the community. It needed extensive upgrades for ADA compliance and general maintenance.